I strongly believe that we can make difference in the deterioration of our Sacred Planet if we make small conscious choices about the things we do in our ordinary daily practices. I totally support the environmental movement and community centered business practices. I strongly believe in leaving this planet in better shape than I found it in my lifetime, a gift and a practice I leave to my children and their children.Here are a few of the practices I do to support our beautiful planet:
I’m a Member of Sustainable Connections
Member of the Move Towards Zero Waste Program. We recycle paper, plastic, aluminum, tin, steel, glass, cardboard, and everything else that we can find a provider to take. We happily participate in the Food Plus Composting program.
Here are a few of the environmentally conscious actions I take to reduce my “carbon footprint.”
- Use 100% post-consumer recycled copy paper, file folders and envelopes.
- Reuse junk mail with clean side as copy paper for the office.
- Make note pads out of reused scrap paper.
- Reuse inkjet cartridges until they don’t work and then recycle them.
- I compost and recycle everything.
- I used no-VOC interior paint bought locally at Hardware Sales for my office.
- I make my candles out of recycled wax from used tea lights from another venue in town and recycle the aluminum holders.
- I use biodegradable environmentally sound laundry detergent to wash the office linens in a maximum capacity front load energy star washer and dryer. No bleach or harsh chemicals are ever used. Just a bit of vinegar to do the trick.
- Vinegar and Dr. Brommers biodegradable soap are used for all cleaning purposes.
- Take my own coffee mug to buy local coffee from another environmentally conscious business.
- Use other Sustainable Connections businesses whenever I can.
- Buy all my products from local merchant’s using my own shopping bags.